• ico-en
  • ico-es
Inicio / Migration


Australia is one of the very few countries that still welcomes temporary and permanent migrants. It is open to eligible visitors, international students, skilled workers, business owners, investors, relatives of Australian permanent residents and citizens, distinguished talents and refugees among others.

It also counts with a substantial Migration Program which responds to its economic and social needs. Each year, this program allocates around 190.000 visas to people who would like to migrate permanently to Australia and meet the eligibility requirements. From them, around 128.00 places are for eligible skilled workers, business owners and investors. 

If you are interested in migrating temporary or permanently to Australia, our registered migration agents can help you to determine your options and eligibility, as well as to apply to your visa and achieve your migration goals.

Main Types of Visa

Australia’s Visa System is divided in permanent and temporary resident visas.
Permanent resident visas are mainly grouped into business and skilled visas, family and spousal visas, refugee and humanitarian visas and the resident return visa.
Temporary resident visas include student visas, visitor visas, provisional working and skills visas, provisional family and spousal visas among others.
The following visa types are some of the most common ones. If you want to know your eligibility, make an appointment with one of our registered migration agents.

Visa Skilled Independent (subclass 189)

The Australian government grants permanent visas for skilled workers to qualified immigrants who have certain abilities that can contribute to the economic development of the country. These visas are granted according to the parameters of a system called "General Skilled Migration", which requires the applicant to possess certain basic skills. Some of these required skills include: being under 45 years of age, proficiency in English, and holding academic credentials (preferably at a university level). The applicant must also be in a profession, occupation or trade that is on the list of most demanded professions in Australia, and have work experience in their area of competence.

This visa aims to provide opportunities for highly qualified young people to contribute to the local economy. The Australian authorities encourage immigration that meets the needs of the Australian labor market, and contributes to the development of the country.

For a permanent visa, skilled independent applicants do not require sponsorship by a relative or state/territory government.

Visa Skilled Sponsored (Subclass 190)

Due to low levels of population growth in certain regions of Australia, the Australian government has put in place a new work visa program called the ‘Skilled Independent Regional Visa’. This is a new type of temporary visa, that is valid for a period of three years. Interested immigrants must settle in regional areas or areas of low population growth for at least two of the three years for which the visa is valid. After these two years, the applicant can apply for a permanent residence visa.

  • This is a permanent visa, that requires nomination by an Australian State or Territory government.

Sponsor Visa Working Visa (Subclass 457)

Australian employers are permitted to hire foreign workers when there are vacancies in the labor market that cannot be filled by Australian workers. This visa can include the following categories: labor agreements, distinguished talent, and transfer of employees to branches. It entitles Australian employers to recruit qualified personnel who are outside of Australia, or workers who are in Australia in temporary situations. It favours employers that are based in less populated areas of inland  and rural Australia.

Visa Regional Sponsored (Subclass 489)

This is a 4 year provisional visa which allows holders to live only in certain areas of Australia. Applicants must be sponsored by an Australian relative living in a designated area, or by a state or territory government.

Training visa (subclass 407)

This visa permits foreigners in Australia to develop their work experience. It is used in situations where applicants wish to complete an internship or  work experience placement in an established business. The business is the primary source of support for the applicant during their placement, and is responsible for any training the applicant receives. This visa can be applied for in Australia and from overseas.

Partner visa (subclasses 820 & 801)

Australian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their partners for migration to Australia. To sponsor a partner, you must be married, in a defacto relationship, have a registered relationship, or be engaged.

Child visa (subclass 101)

This visa allows the child of an Australian permanent resident who is currently outside of Australia to come to Australia to live with their parent. The Child visa subclass 101 is a permanent visa, and allows the child to live permanently in Australia. A Child visa subclass 101 lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. If a child is younger than 18 years of age, a parent may apply on behalf of the child.

Working Holiday visa (subclass 417 & 462)

The work and holiday subclass 462 visa is similar to the working holiday subclass 417 visa. The main differences are that different countries are eligible, quotas apply for most countries, and the seasonal work extension is not available.

Temporary Graduate Visa

For those who graduate in Australia after 2 or more years of study, there are two alternatives options for this visas.

Visa for Australia Graduate Stream (Subclass 485)

This is a temporary visa that allows students to remain in Australia for an additional 18 months, if they meet the following requirements (among others):

  • Are able to nominate an occupation that is listed in the ´Skilled Occupations List´ (MLTSSL). Note:  Students who were already studying at the time in which the MLTSSL list was changed (February 8, 2010), are able to apply for transition rules that include a wider number of occupations not included in the current MLTSSL, as of December 2012.
  • Have completed at least two years of study in Australia and have obtained a "degree", "diploma" or "trade certificate" (English studies are not counted as part of this requirement).

Post-Study Work Stream Visa (Subclass 485)

This visa is specifically for students enrolled in Australian universities (not including TAFE or other such institutions) who lodged their first application for an Australian student visa after November 5th, 2011. It has the following characteristics:

  • Was introduced as a new visa in January, 2013.
  • It is not limited by the MLTSSL.
  • Applicants must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.
  • For Bachelor's and Master's programs: 2 years.
  • For Master's through research programs: 3 years.
  • For PhD programs: 4 years.


Business Innovation and Investment visa (Subclass 188)

Entrepreneur Stream

Ideal for entrepreneurs and innovators who want to invest in Australia. The Subclass 188 Entrepreneur Stream visa is suitable for overseas entrepreneurs who wish to undertake entrepreneurial ventures in Australia. In order to apply for this visa, the applicant’s entrepreneurial project must receive at least AUD $200 000  in funding from eligible organisations.


All fields must be filled.